Jimma University invites all interested and competent candidates to apply for the post of Presidency
1. 1. JOB TITLE: President of Jimma University
2.1.Educational Qualification: PhD degree or MA/MSc degree with a rank of Assistant Professor or above
2.2.Experiences: Evidence of track record experiences in a senior management position in higher education or experience in a senior management position in a field outside higher education
2.3.Prepare and present vision plan (not more than 10 pages) that would serve
§ Realizing effective management of enrolments, enthusiasm for trying new ideas and reaching out to students in a creative way; ensuring the presence of analytical and strategic skills and strong understanding of higher education
§ Devising strategies for generating additional income, establishing and sustaining good relationship with alumni and enhancing public reputation
§ Witnessing commitment to create academic excellence and promotion of academic freedom
2.4. Available for panel interview on leadership and management skills which will be deliberated in front of representatives of University’s community, Senate members and other invited guests.
3. Ethical Qualities
· The applicant is required to be free from unethical behavior and should be with a confirmed record of exemplar qualities of respect for and commitment to duty
· The applicant is required to possess the quality of working with others and treating all equally and fairly
4. Terms of assignment– for six (6) years with possibility of renewal for one more term
5. Salary and benefits: are based on salaries and benefits applicable to higher education institutions
6. Duration of Application
· Applicants can submit application along photocopies of their credentials, work experiences, CV, and their strategic plan in person to either the Office of Jimma University President (1st Floor, Office no 102), or Jimma University Liaison Office, Addis Ababa (Bole in front of Millennium Hall) within 15 working days of the first date of this announcement on Addis Zemen News Paper.
· Applicants from abroad can also submit their application through / within the stated deadline.
· Applicants can also use P. O. Box 378 Jimma University President Office, Jimma or 5241 Jimma University Liaison Office, Addis Ababa.
7. For Further information please use the following telephone numbers
· +251 471 11 14 57
· +251 911 85 99 50
NB: Female candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Jimma University Board of Governors