Internationalization at JU
Internationalization, the process by which a university becomes global in nature through various initiatives, is embedded in the strategic vision of Jimma University as it aspires to be among the premier university in Africa and renowned in the world by 2025. Jimma University acknowledges the fact that teaching, research and innovation are globalized ventures that transcends national and continental boarders. Intensive interaction with partners from all parts of the globe enhances the sharing of knowledge and experiences for students, scholars and practitioners from all disciplines. Jimma University attaches high values to building strategic cooperation with our international partners in order to expand the spheres of the institution’s visibility and to promote its international image. The university is increasing its international engagement and enlarging its sphere of engagement while simultaneously creating an institutional environment conducive for internationalization.
Through intensive internationalization, JU aspires to achieve the following core areas;
- To be a university that extensively interacts with international partners in all disciplines to enhance the quality of teaching, research and community services
- To be a preferred partner at the international level to attract joint funds and projects to enhance its internal capacity in mutually beneficial frame work agreements.
- To expand the sphere of joint global scientific engagement in order to produce high quality research output
- To be an institution with a global campus conducive for international faculty, staff and students by providing services of high global standard
- To be an internationally visible and preferred university by students and professionals from abroad for full time exchange study and work, scientific practice as well as international experience and knowledge sharing
- To be an institution that meets global standards of teaching, research and innovation