The office of the Vice President for Research and Community Services has sturdily committed to supports the development and dissemination of technologies that would be transferred for commercialization or dissemination to the end users. Hence, the office hereby announces this call for readily available product or prototype on Technology Transfer projects. Therefore, the call is open to all interested researchers, academic staffs, postgraduate and undergraduate students of Jimma University, and shall be coordinated and managed through the university office of Technology Transfer and University Industry Linkage.
Important Points to be considered during the application to this call are:
- The project shall not be more than two years project.
- The projects should consider technical feasibility, impact on society and environment.
- Relevance of the proposed technology to be transferred: The proposed technology can solve a problem of the community/industry.
- Commercial value of the technology: Availability of adequate local demand, Easiness of manufacturability, Easiness of business establishment (start-up, sole proprietorship, etc), Easiness of marketability
- Appropriateness of project activities with the scope and theme of national Technology transfer.
- For product or prototype manual, brochure and flyer explaining the use of the innovation (technology) will be distributed to the end users should be included.
- The maximum pages allowed for submission is 15 pages.
Deadline for Submission of Proposal: October, 31, 2018
Venue: Jimma University Main-Campus: Office of V/President for Research and Community Services or Office of Technology transfer and University-Industry Linkage.