The Institute of Oromoo Studies (IOS) cordially invites all interested contributors to submit their manuscripts for publication on the first issue of its newly launched journal before September 30, 2017. Gadaa Journal is a peer reviewed, multidisciplinary, bilingual and open-access journal published twice per year (January & June) by the Institute of Oromoo Studies, Jimma University. The Journal welcomes scholarly manuscripts pertinent to Oromoo life and work (Jiruufi Jireenya) submitted using the mediums of English or Afaan Oromoo. The contributions can be in the forms of original articles, review articles, book reviews and short communications. Papers from the following and related areas are required:
- Gadaa, an all-encompassing system of Oromoo
- Afaan Oromoo (Linguistics, Literature & Education)
- Astronomical Time Reckoning and Oromoo Calendar
- Oromoo Creative Industry: Arts, Music, Film, Theatre, Cultural Design & Architecture
- Identity, Discourse and Communication
- Indigenous Education and behavioral studies
- Indigenous concepts of Development, Economy, Trade and Wellbeing
- Oromoo Folklore/Culture and Philosophy
- Oromoo Legal and Justice systems, dispute resolution mechanisms and survival strategies
- Oromoo History, Heritage, Values and Principles of Socio-political Governance
- Oromoo Institutions: Siinqee, Family, Marriage, Child Nurturing, etc
- Oromoo Wellness, Healthcare and Healing Practices/Medication
- Agricultural Practices, Human-Nature Interaction, Natural Resources Management and Environment
1. Manuscript submission should be made through the e-mail address email@example.com or
firstname.lastname@example.org till the online system submission is in place.
2. Contributions can be in forms of original article, review article, book reviews and short communications
3. Manuscripts to be submitted need to adhere to the guidelines for authors of the Journal.
4. Use the e-mail address email@example.com to get the guideline for authors till the website of the journal
becomes fully functional.
5. For further information about the journal or the procedures of its publication, please use the following address
Institute of Oromoo Studies (IOS), Jimma University
Tel. +251913401829/ +251911339596 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
P. O. Box: 378 Website – www.ju.edu.et/ios