To: Staff of Jimma University
The Ethiopian Institute of Resilience to Climate Change (EIRCC), in collaboration with the ETH-SOIL Project, cordially invites interested Jimma University staff and graduate students to a one-day (March 10, 2023) short-term training opportunity on the application of Kobo ToolBox for structured data collection, which will be provided by experts from the German Biomass Research Center (DBFZ).
The training will cover the following major topics:
- What is KoBo Toolbox and why is it so useful? (10-15 min)
- How to create an account and get started? (10 min)
- Creating a form and get everything out of the tool (1 h)
- Deploying the form on mobile devices and collecting own data on the campus (20 min)
- Summarize data within KoBo (10 min)
- Download the data and open it in Excel (10 min)
- How to generate geodata out of KoBo in QGIS 10 (min)
- All interested applicants should register to confirm their motivation and availability for the training by sending emails to the following contacts between February 20- 28, 2023:
Dr. Kefelegn Getahun (email@example.com)
Dr. Abebe Nigussie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Trainees are kindly advised to come with their laptops and smartphones for the training.