Call for Application (PhD Study Opportunity)
Jimma University would like to announce that it needs to recruit potential PhD candidates for the following PhD programs through the Homegrown Collaborative PhD Program (HCPP) scheme:
PhD in Agronomy
PhD in Aquatic science, fisheries and aquaculture
PhD in Ceramic engineering
PhD in Dairy science and technology
PhD in Ecotourism and Protected Area Management
PhD in Horticulture
PhD in Industrial Economics
PhD in Information systems
PhD in Management(HRM, Business marketing)
PhD in Mechanical design engineering
PhD in Nutrition
PhD in Plant breeding
PhD in Plant pathology
PhD in Polymer engineering
PhD in Post-harvest technology
PhD in Renewable energy engineering
PhD in Software engineering
PhD in Water supply and sanitary engineering(New)
Application schedule: June 18-July 02, 2021
Entrance exam date: July 12, 2021
N.B. Candidates should apply online at https://application.ju.edu.et
1. Academic achievement(CGPA):
Bachelor Degree: ≥2.75 for male and ≥2.2 for female
Master’s Degree: ≥3.2 for male and ≥3.0 for female
MSc thesis/project: “Very Good” and above for male and “Good” and above for female
Maximum age: 40 years for male and 45 years for female
Fitness to the curriculum requirement
2. Recommendation letter: The PhD candidate must submit at least one recommendation letter from home institution and two from previous instructors (supervisors)
3. Sponsorship letter: The PhD candidate must submit a signed individual sponsorship letter using the format attached and priority will be given for those applicants from Public Higher Learning Institutions.
4. Publication on peer reviewed journals and proceedings is mandatory.
5. Face-to-face synopsis presentation: The student shall submit and present 3-5 pages of synopsis (concept paper) that show his/her research interest area. The content/structure of the concept note shall include background, research hypotheses/objectives and brief methodology.
Feasible technologies may also be used for presentation.(e.g., Zoom, Google meeting)
6. Affirmative action: There will be special consideration to applicants who are females and people with disabilities.
7. Application fee: Every applicant is expected to make an application fee payment of 200.00ETB using the bank account number: 1000339348247 (Commercial Bank of Ethiopia)
N.B. Every candidate succeeding in the final recruitment process
should submit the official transcripts of his/her 1 st and 2 nd degrees to Jimma University Registrar Office (PoBox 378).