The Institute of Oromo Studies (IOS), Jimma University is organizing the Fifth International Oromo Studies Conference to be held from 26th–27th May, 2020 at Jimma University, Oromia, Ethiopia. The conference welcomes abstracts with full length paper from scholars and students around the world.
Conference Grand Theme: “Oromo in the Horn of African Discourses“
The Conference welcomes research papers that examine various discourses of/on Oromo from multidisciplinary areas, focusing on contemporary discourses of economy, history, socio-culture, literature and history. The research paperswhich explore the discourse and practices of Ethiopian Federal system as an opportunity and challenge from the perspectives of Ethiopia and wider East African geopolitical landscape is among the priority areas of the conference. The International Conference on Oromo in the Horn of African Discourses aims to bring together prominent academic scientistsand researchers to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Discourses mentioned above. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent trends, and concerns as well as practical roots of challenges and feasible solutions on points of divergence in Ethiopia.
Research Papers which scrutinize the following areas are welcome:
- Federal system in Ethiopian and Its Implications for the Horn – discourses and practices
- Oromo in the Ethiopian Economy and the Horn
- Oromo History, Literature and Arts in Ethiopian and the Horn
- Other related issues to the grand themes and sub-themes stated above could beentertained.
Submission of papers and key deadlines
- Abstracts not more than 300 words together with full length research paper should be submitted via Google form (https://goo.gl/WxiKpn) from January 1 –February 1, 2020 only.
- The abstract should comprise a brief background indicating: Research problem/gap Objectives —->Methods —–> Findings/Recommendations.
- Notification of accepted papers to the authors that their papers are selected for the conference, February 17.
- Publication of book abstracts will be processed from April 1to May 15, 2020.
- Each paper has a 20 minute presentation slot.
- Full program of the Conference will be available in due course on the Institute’s website and you will be individually reached via your e-mails.
- The languages of the conference are English and Afan Oromo
Contact: Jimma University, Institute of Oromo Studies (IOS)