Objectives of the director of women`s affairs office of Jimma University
To reduce the gender gap in employment during the plan period
- To increase the % of recruits of female administrative staffs to 50%
- To increase the % of recruits of female academic staff to 35 %
To reduce gender gap in education
- To bring the enrollment % of female students during the plan period by 40%
- To strengthen the supportive measures (tutorial class, female library orientation program )render to female students
To improve participation of women in decision making positions and leadership
- To increase the percentage of female administrative division heads, faculty deans and department heads by 10 %
- To develop the managerial skill of female staff by 50%
To increase the number of competent, qualified and assertive female students
- To eliminate the attrition rate gap between male and female students during the plan period
- To increase the number of female high achievers (CGPA> 3) by 20%
- To reserve 20% of opportunities of further studies for females
- To organize short term trainings on Assertiveness for first year female student yearly.
Make all systems of the university gender responsive and sensitive.
- To mainstream gender in all faculties by revising the curriculum.
- To review the student and staff disciplinary manuals so as to make it gender sensitive in the year 2008/9
- To develop Anti- Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Policy of the University by 2008/9
- To give trainings on Gender Sensitization to Jimma University community at least once a year
Make the surrounding community gender sensitive
- To give Gender Sensitization training at least once a year to secondary schools in jimma..
Initiate and facilitate gender related research
- To initiate, facilitate and award competent research Proposals on Gender issues in collaboration with the University reaserch and publication office and different organizations once a year.
- To motivate under graduate students to do their Senior Research Projects and Seminars on gender related issues in the university
Increase awareness of Jimma University community on HIV/AIDS
- To arrange trainings on HIV/AIDS and its Preventive Methods, VCT, Post-testing cares and ARVT
- To initiate Jimma University community to use VCT service from the university hospital.
Increase awareness on Reproductive Health issues
- Conducting short term training on Reproductive Health and Risky Behaviors in collaboration with Reproductive health office at least twice per year.