Admission to regular graduate program
The candidate must have completed the academic requirement for the Bachelor’s degree with:
- A Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.00 or higher from any recognized college of higher learning. However, given the availability of spaces admission to the School of Graduate Studies shall be on competitive basis.
- The candidate must be supported by at least two letters of recommendation from appropriate body or colleges. Such letters of recommendation should preferably come from instructors or employers who are well acquainted with the applicant’s ability to cope up with the requirements of graduate study s/he applies.
- Graduate students shall present evidence of financial support/ability to defray costs of tuition and research project. Any graduate student shall not, in any case, be allowed to register and start attending classes without presenting this evidence.
- Admission shall take place three times in a year for the spring semester beginning in January, for the fall Semester beginning on September and summer semester beginning in July.
- Age: Anyone who wants to join the graduate program can apply. For pedagogical reasons or special requirements of field of study, the College Academic Commission may set appropriate age limits subject to the approval of the Council of Graduate Studies. However, the maximum age limit an applicant to be admitted to the masters program shall not exceed 35 years and for PhD program 45 years.
- A candidate to be admitted to the graduate program shall pass the Post Graduate entrance exam and/or other specific requirements that may be set by the respective department and the Council of Graduate Studies.