Full Name: Abeya Geleta Geda (PhD)
Academic Rank: Assistant Professor
College/Institute: College of Education and behavioral sciences
Department/Team: Educational planning and Management
Field of Specialization: Educational Planning and Management
The Office of Students’ Affair and Registrar in the College of Education and Behavioral Science was established in 2010 following Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) in the university. By the new arrangement, the office is entrusted to entertain academic issues of the college students in addition to the regular registrar office tasks, and it is made accountable to the Dean of the college for the close supervision and smooth running of its service delivery.
The general objective of office of students’ affaire and registrar is to administer students’ academic issues and manage their academic records. More specifically, the specific objectives include:-
- To develop and monitor strategic plan and different guidelines related to student services in the college.
- To plan on intake capacity of the college based on the available resources.
- To ensure that all academic programs of the college are properly announced to students.
- To ensure that students are well oriented and get registered.
- To ensure that student records are properly administered.
- To check that all applications are valid, selections are made and also properly communicated.
- To ensure and support graduation approval.
- To ensure that graduates get proper career guidance and have secured jobs.
- To assist students get affordable, clean dormitory and cafeteria services.
- To ensure that the existing student building halls are properly administered.
- To ensure that students get proper counseling, health care and treatment and ambulance services.
- To ensure that proper sports, cultural and recreational logistics are accessible to students.
- To provide appropriate support to student organizations and clubs.
- Abeya Geleta (PhD)- Coordinator
- Phone Number: Office: +251472115423
- Mobile: +251 911318585
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org