Name: Abera Hussen (PhD)
Academic Rank: Ass.Professor
College/Institute: College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Department/Team: Teacher Education and Curriculum Studies
Field of Specialization:
Jimma University’s ADRC is one of the nine ADRCs established in public universities of Ethiopia from 2005-2009 by Education Quality Improvement Program (EQUIP) project, funded by the Dutch Government through the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education (NUFFIC). The mission of the ADRC was to serve as a cross-faculty unit that contributes to the continual improvement of quality education in the university.
The goal of ADRC is to improve the quality of teaching and learning through staff professional development training, quality care and research.
The objectives include:
- Contributing to the professional skills of the academic staff through relevant staff development trainings.
- Actively contributing to the assessment of education quality and relevance in the university in collaboration with faculties and quality assurance office.
- Contributing to or facilitating periodical review of teaching and academic programs.
- Providing advisory services and resources pertinent to the teaching and learning process, quality and relevance of courses and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates various Academic Development (AD) trainings for academic staff in collaboration with faculties and departments
- Collaborates with quality assurance system office in quality assurance activities
- Coordinates and facilitates the preparation and modification of training materials for various courses of ADRC;
- Coordinates and promotes consultancy and advisory services;
- Advocates the mission and objectives of ADRC;
- Conducts monitoring and evaluation on ADRC interventions;
- Ensures the utilization of ADRC resources
- Assumes additional roles and responsibilities as assigned
- P. O. Box:378
- Office Tel.:
- Cell Phone:+251930631016
- E-mail Address:firstname.lastname@example.org