First Name: Berhanu Nigussie
Academic Rank: Associate Professor(PhD)
College/Institute: College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Department/Team: Educati8onal psychology
Field of Specialization:
Research Interest: Sociology of education, diversity and its management in teaching and learning, Educational technology
In the college of Education and behavioral sciences quality researches in the broad topics of education leadership, teacher education and curriculum implementation, behavior development and learning process, and persons with special interest and educational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
GRAND THEME (University Level)
QUALITY AND ACCESSIBILITY TO EDUCATION: A CLOSER LOOK OF QUALITY OF EDUCATION AT EACH STAGE TO INVIGORATE LIVELIHOOD AND DEVELOPMENT IN ETHIOPIA.
Sub-themes (College level)
- Educational Leadership & supervision for school improvement
- Teacher education, curriculum development, and learning assessment
- Psychological, psycho-social and health related behaviors in human learning and development across the life span.
- Academic Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance in Ethiopian Higher Education Sector
- Addressing Cross-cutting Issues in Education and Psychology to enhance social, economic and cultural development in Ethiopia.
- Sources of Funds
Jimma University (treasury)
- Research output dissemination strategies
- Article publications on reputable international and national journals
- Staff research validation workshops
- Paper presentation on international and national education conferences
- Technology transfer mechanisms
Publications, presentation on workshops, training of teachers and education leaders
- Center of excellence
- Profile of Research works, past research information, on-going research activities (Since its establishment as college in 2015).
22 completed staff research projects
- 18 ongoing staff research projects
- 250 + completed master thesis projects
Publications by faculties
- 40 article publications on reputable national and international journals (since 2015).
- Ethiopian Journal of Science and Education (shared with college of Natural Science & College of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- P. O. Box: 378
- Office Tel.: +251-471122440
- Cell Phone: 251 9 11 11 64 15 or 251 9 84 87 95
- Fax: +251-471122433
- E-mail Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org