The objective of the Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program and Graduate programs is to provide broad-based educational training in mechanical engineering and its applications leading to a Bachelor of Science Degree Master of Sciences Degree and Doctorial degree . Its goal is to enable graduates to meet the challenges of the engineering profession in a rapidly changing environment that exists in a developing country like Ethiopia. These challenges require the ability to apply existing knowledge in new ways thereby creating new systems and opportunities as well as adapting existing technology to local production conditions. These require the ability to manage service, maintain and improve upon existing systems.
“To impart futuristic technical education and instill high patterns of discipline through dedicated staffs who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of human race in general and our own people in particular.”
- To Develop future professionals with problem identification/solving skills and positive attitudes to serve the society
- To produce technically sound and practically competent engineers of global standard.
- To train professionals equipped with relevant knowledge and skills, who would contribute to the development of the country.
- To bring out professionals who are not mere government expectants for jobs, but job creators.
- Reorient the education system to be more practical, research oriented and problem solving.
- To address the demands of the new education policy of the country.
- To solve the acute shortage of qualified high ranked academic staffs in the field of Mechanical Engineering speciality area throughout higher education institutions