MA in Governance and Development Studies
- MA in Governance and Development Studies (with specialization in Governance (Regular)
- MA in Governance and Development studies (with specialization in Development Management (Regular);
- MBA in Governance & Development (Weekend);
- Develpoment management
- Gender studies
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- To train qualified and competent manpower and bridge the prevalent gap in expertise in the focus areas
- To train experts who can assist the formulation and enforcement of governmental policies affecting governance and development
- To ensure continuous injection of high caliber graduates in the market in the focus areas
- To produce graduates who are well equipped to conduct quality research and teach in higher education institutions
- To create further education opportunities for those who could not have access to the limited higher learning facilities of the government or abroad.
Admission is merit based. The program admits students of outstanding intellectual ability who manifest keen inclination in governance and develoment. In addition to the general requirements put by the school of graduate studies, applicants are required to:
a) Hold BA in related desciplines from a recognized university with a minimum CGPA of 2.00. However, women and applicants with physical disability are entitled to a 5% quota seat each up on satisfaction of the minimum eligibility criteria. They shall also be preferred in the event of equal achievement with able bodied and male competitors. Competition for the quota among those entitled shall be merit based. Eligible applicants with formidable research achievements and work experience in the field of commercial and investment law will be preferred. The school council shall decide on merits of their achievement and the extent of weight to be given.
b) Be proficient in English language. This should be measured by passing English test.
c) Pass an entrance exam prepared and administered by the department;
The department shall prepare guideline on the weight to be given to CGPA and entrance exam result.