School of Law, Jimma University , Ethiopia
Welcome to the school of Law of Jimma University.
This is a young Law School which commenced its academic activity on the 19th December 2002. This young School aspires to be the centre of excellence and the factory of quality legal professionals to quench the thirst of our Country in the field of law.
For more about us, please, pay us a visit whenever you have the chance to do so. And should you make any choice among the Law Schools in the country for whatever purpose, I strongly advise you to consider our School before you make any final decision.
Vision of the School of Law
The School of Law of Jimma University aspires to be the centre of scholarly excellence. To that end, the School aims, inter alia, at graduating the best lawyers in the country, making major contribution to the promotion of and respect for democratic principles and emerging as one of the best Law Faculties both national and globally in the field of teaching, research and publication and community of services.
Mission of the School of Law
The missions of the School of Law include:
- Training and graduating quality and adequate manpower at different levels for the country to meet the ever increasing need of the Ethiopian society in the field of law
- Contributing to the national effort to strengthen the proper administration of justice and prevalence of rule of law
- Enhancing good governance, equality, tolerance, respect for and realization of human rights and other vital value in our emerging democracy
- Inculcating the basic values of the FDRE Constitution in the minds of our graduates and creating the sense of duty to work towards its observance and enforcement
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women in the field of law
- Generating knowledge through research and publication and remaining committed to encouraging such activities
- Improving the practice of law in areas such as consultancy
- Engaging in community based activities
- Networking with international and local organizations for the advancement of law
- Creating the chance to learn law for those who aspire to be lawyers but who are unable to do so for various reasons through distance and evening programs.