- Student Information System (SIS), aka One-Card-System, Software developed to allow students use a single id card to get all services including Cafeteria, Dormitory, Clinic, and Library
- Office Letter Management Software, developed to facilitate efficient correspondence letter management between offices. It is also important for archiving letters.
- Student Research Program (SRP) Application - developed to make students' final year research available online for students and staff.
- Jimma University Telephone Directory - Web application developed to put important telephone numbers online
- User Administration System - a web based system developed to manage university ICT resource (email, File and Print Server, FTP account...) users Integrated system with University Mail System
- Website Development - Several websites, including the university official website are developed locally. Some of the websites developed include, HIV/AIDS resource center (JUHARC), Master of Health care Administration (MHA), Ethiopian Journal of Health Science (EJHS), Ethiopian Journal of Applied Science and Technology (EJAST), and Ethiopian Journal of Education and Science (EJES)
This unit is engaged in developing several software applications that have specific purpose in the university.
Current Development Activities
- Management Information System - Collaborative development of major administrative processes including human resource management, warehouse management, financial management, procurement and student registration system.
- Vehicle Mobility Management System - web-based application to track resource utilization information of university vehicles.
- Performing system administration activities on Linux systems and Widows Server 2003 (taking backups, updating for patches and fixes, system upgrades
- Maintaining Websites hosted in the university
- Participating in trainings (as trainers or trainees).
Providing e-Learning service and ensuring its continuity through close follow up, out e-Learning service could be accessible through http://elearning.ju.edu.et (for the moment accessible only to the Intranet).